Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Update

So we are back from the hospital and the cath went ok. His site is healing well and he is getting back to his old self. LOL. I am trying to get him to calm down a little because I'm not sure exactly how bad his valve is. It must be bad enough if the Dr. wants to replace it right? So I think he is understanding that he needs to take it easy, but if you know him that is a funny concept. I haven't told him about the surgery yet. I think he is picking up on that some more work needs to be done but I don't think he realized what yet and I'm going to volunteer the information unless he asks until I have to. They say the best way to prepare them is to not volunteer too much information but to answer questions truthfully. So that's what I will try to do.

We have an appointment set to see the surgeon. It's in 2 weeks. I'm glad it's going to be fast. We'll see after that when they will schedule the surgery. We thank everyone for all the support and prayers. I know Cyrus appreciates it as well as the rest of us.

Oh so for his cath all the nurses said He was thier favorite. He got sooo many goodies it was unreal. He got a homemade blanket, homemade pillow, a rv truck, stickers, a race track, a stethoscope, and he got to keep the hospital gowns (which has Looney Toons on it). He was a trip and the nurses loved him. I don't think I can say enough good things about the nurses and staff I have come across at All Children's. They have helped to make a hard experience, not so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment