Friday, April 24, 2009

How My Day Went

So I couldn't sleep last night and fell asleep at 3:30 then had to get up at 6AM. We started driving and got there like one hour early(stupid rush hour traffic lol). We saw the Dr and he says why should we be concerned? I felt like I was back in school and just had a pop quiz. LOL. Luckly I knew the answer. He said we don't like to wait till a kid is symptomatic cause usually that means we have waited too long. Then he says it's time to do the cath. I already knew they were going to do that but just hearing him say it sounded much more real. Anyway I asked if they still put them to sleep and he said yes they sedate them and intubate them. He said it's easier because there is an anthesthesiologist there to manage the patient and he can concentrate on his heart. Fine with me. I knew that they could possibly balloon his valve and I asked him about this. He said he wasnt a canadate and that we are probably looking at a replacement. So now we are waiting again for another phone call. He said that they could possibly get this all fixed up in the next couple of months. I had a look on my face, he was like what. I said I just want to get it over with. He said he could possible fit me into a cancelation. So like I said waiting by the phone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment